to harvest, validate, and register cardholder credentials
HID Global’s pivCLASS Registration Engine software is used to harvest, validate and register cardholder credentials into a physical access control system (PACS). The pivCLASS Registration Engine can extract cardholder data from any FIPS 201 compliant PKI-based smart card. It then verifies this data using three-factor authentication that ensures the card data is genuine, and has not been tampered, copied, cloned, lost, stolen or shared. It also checks that the certificates on the card have not been revoked by the credential issuer.
The software includes one PACS plug-in to connect to the PACS database and currently supports over 30 different vendor head-end products.
- Easy to deploy and use
- Tested by GSA as part of the pivCLASS FIPS 201 Solution
- Interoperable with virtually every PACS
- pivCLASS solution supports multiple geographically dispersed Registration Engines
pivCLASS software components support:
- Windows 7 Ultimate, Windows 7 Professional, Vista Ultimate Edition, Vista Ultimate Edition SP1, Windows XP Professional SP3, Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Server 2003, Windows Server 2003 SP1, Windows Server 2003 SP2
- Interoperable with any SQL database supported by the Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0, including Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server and Microsoft Access as well as Firebird 2.0
pivCLASS software components minimum hardware requirements:
- CPU – 1.8 GHz
- Random Access Memory – 1 gigabyte
- Hard Disk Space – 40 gigabytes
- Network – requires network connectivity with cardholders’ credential issuing Certificate Authorities to support PKI validation