LaserCard Will Demonstrate Secure Identification Utilized in the United States Green Card; Will Also Participate on a Panel Discussion Titled "Panorama and Technological Trends of Domestic and International Markets
São Paulo, Brazil, May 2, 2011 – CARDS 2011 – HID Global, trusted leader in solutions for the delivery of secure identity, today announced it will showcase its technology for Government IDs and secure issuance solutions at the 16th edition of Cards Payment & Identification conference, May 2-4 in São Paulo Brazil. In addition, HID and LaserCard, a company recently acquired by HID Global, will demonstrate government secure identification technology that is currently utilized in the United States Green Card system and the resident alien card program in Costa Rica. In addition to highlighting solutions that provide the Brazilian government more security and control while reducing the number of counterfeit identity documents, LaserCard will participate on a panel discussion on NFC through smart cards, and trends in identification and security.
HID Global and LaserCard will showcase their expanded portfolio of products, technologies and resources for secure identity-related applications at Booth #31 at the Frei Caneca Convention Center, May 2-4. Key HID Global demonstrations at CARDS 2011 include:
- Printing and Encoding Solutions: HID’s FARGO® card printers/encoders, including high definition HDP5000 and HDPii printers and the new direct-to-card printer/encoders. The printers produce reliable, professional quality, personalized color ID cards and security encoding all in one pass. Asure ID® 7 photo card software with enhanced user experience and added functionality designed to extend ease of use, convenience and productivity.
- Identification Solutions for Government: LaserCard will demonstrate a range of solutions for secure government identification, including: border control, citizen identification, vehicle registration, driver's license and identification, cards for health insurance.
- The Next Generation of Access Control: HID will demonstrate its iCLASS® SIO-EnabledTM (SE) technology platform, which is designed to raise the bar for card-to-reader security while supporting key emerging technologies and delivering superior performance, enhanced usability and increased environmental sustainability.
- HID on the Desktop™: HID on the Desktop allows organizations to leverage existing physical access cards to deploy an additional layer of security using smart card technology, PKI and digital certificates for those seeking an advanced yet convenient security solution to meet privacy and regulatory compliance standards. As a three-component solution – Genuine HIDTM contact and contactless smart cards, readers and credential management software – HID on the Desktop provides corporate enterprises and government agencies with the flexibility to deploy the most “risk-appropriate” authentication solution based on their unique security requirements.
During the conference, Lasercard will also participate in a panel discussion:
- Ismael Dykman, Senior Commercial Director for Latin America and the Caribbean with LaserCard, will join the panel discussion “Panorama and Technological Trends of Domestic and International Markets,” where the following topics will be discussed: smart cards applications for payment and financial transactions; identification and security; and the development of mobile payment products and NFC through smart cards.
About HID Global
HID Global is the trusted source for secure identity solutions for millions of customers around the world. Recognized for robust quality, innovative designs and industry leadership, HID Global is the supplier of choice for OEMs, system integrators, and application developers serving a variety of markets. These markets include physical and logical access control, including strong authentication and credential management; card printing and personalization; highly secure government ID; and identification technologies used in animal ID and industry and logistics applications. The company's primary brands include HID®, ActivIdentity™, FARGO®, and LaserCard®. Headquartered in Irvine, California, HID Global has over 2,100 employees worldwide and operates international offices that support more than 100 countries. HID Global is an ASSA ABLOY Group brand. For more information, visit www.hidglobal.com.