IRVINE, Calif., – 2011 Smart Card Alliance Government Conference – October 27, 2011 – HID Global, trusted leader in solutions for the delivery of secure identity, will showcase its comprehensive Federal Identity portfolio that includes its upcoming pivCLASS™ solutions for Personal Identification Verification (PIV) enablement and its new PIV-I Service at next week’s Smart Card Alliance Government Conference. HID Global will also participate in conference track session discussions on PIV-enabled access control, privacy and compliance, and the industry’s first NFC-enabled mobile access control trial conducted at Arizona State University using the company’s new iCLASS® SE™ access control platform.
HID Global will demonstrate its broad portfolio of government products and solutions in Booth #700 at the Ronald Reagan International Trade Center in Washington, DC from November 1-4. Key demonstrations at the conference include:
- PIV Card Enablement Solutions: Including HID Global’s pivCLASS offering (readers, authentication module, validation server and more for PKI at the door). Solutions allow U.S. Federal facilities to PIV-enable existing physical access control systems to meet mandated assurance levels.
- ActivIdentity® Brand Card PIV Solutions: Products that enable a single PIV card to securely log on to a critical application or network; digitally encrypt/decrypt data; and digitally sign emails from desktops, laptops and smart phones, while maintaining compliance.
- PIV-I Credential Service: For obtaining federal contractor Personal Identity Verification – Interoperable (PIV-I) compliant credentials. Conference attendees can pre-enroll now and pick up their personalized, activated PIV-I card onsite at the conference.
- NFC-Enabled Access Control: New iCLASS SIO-Enabled (SE) platform that extends physical access control beyond traditional cards and readers to provide a new level of security, portability and performance.
- Printing and Encoding Solutions: FARGO® high definition card printers on the GSA list for FIPS-201 and direct-to-card printers.
- Government ID Solutions: Complete solutions for citizen/resident identification programs using secure, flexible, highly reliable and differentiated technologies, such as LaserCard optical security media, services and solutions.
HID Global executives will present at Smart Card Alliance Government conference track sessions:
- Dave Adams, senior product marketing manager with HID Global – “Standards and guidance for Implementing/Future-Proofing a PIV-enabled PACS Investment” during pre-conference session: Implementing PIV-Enabled Physical Access Control Systems on November 1 from 2:45 p.m - 3:15 p.m.
- Eric LeSaint, senior director of security research with ActivIdentity – “Global Platform: Addressing Privacy and Compliance to Standards” during Track 1: National/International Identity and Security Standards on November 3 from 10:45 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
- Daniel Bailin, director of program management, Strategic Innovation with HID Global – “Using NFC Smartphone for Access at Arizona State University” during Track 1: Mobile Identity Technology & Applications on November 3 from 4:00 p.m.- 5 p.m.
About HID Global
HID Global is the trusted source for secure identity solutions for millions of customers around the world. Recognized for robust quality, innovative designs and industry leadership, HID Global is the supplier of choice for OEMs, system integrators, and application developers serving a variety of markets. These markets include physical and logical access control, including strong authentication and credential management; card printing and personalization; highly secure government ID; and identification technologies used in animal ID and industry and logistics applications. The company's primary brands include HID®, ActivIdentity®, FARGO®, and LaserCard®. Headquartered in Irvine, California, HID Global has over 2,100 employees worldwide and operates international offices that support more than 100 countries. HID Global is an ASSA ABLOY Group brand. For more information, visit www.hidglobal.com.