Company Will Hold An Executive Panel to Discuss the Industry’s First University Pilot of NFC Smartphones Carrying Digital Keys for Access Control
IRVINE, Calif., – 2011 ASIS International – September 8, 2011 – HID Global, trusted leader in solutions for the delivery of secure identity, will showcase its Accolades award-winning readers and credentials based on the company’s next generation iCLASS® SE™ access control platform at this year’s ASIS International. HID Global will also highlight its comprehensive Federal Identity portfolio that includes its new PIV-I Service and upcoming pivCLASS™ solutions. At this year’s strategy lunch briefing, the company will discuss the industry’s first NFC-enabled mobile access control trial recently conducted at Arizona State University.
HID Global will demonstrate its broad portfolio of physical and logical access control products and secure issuance solutions, technologies and partnerships at Booth #2400 at the Orange County Convention Center in Orlando, Florida from September 19 - 22. Key demonstrations at ASIS include:
- Next Generation Access Control: New iCLASS SIO-Enabled (SE) platform that extends physical access control beyond traditional cards and readers to provide a new level of security, portability and performance.
- Broadest Line of Readers and Credentials: Including credentials for multiple applications on a single card, high security iCLASS SE cards, iCLASS SE readers with EAL5+ certified hardware, and demonstrations of its EDGE EVO™ and Vertx EVO™ network access control solutions.
- Federal Identity Compliance: HID and its ActivIdentity® branded products and services, including the new PIV-I Credential Service for federal contractor Personal Identity Verification – Interoperable (PIV-I) compliant credentials and demonstrations of its pivCLASS solutions that PIV-enable existing physical access control systems.
- Sustainable Products: Latest green technology activities, including cards, readers, printers and partnerships.
- Printing and Encoding Solutions: HID FARGO® high definition card printer, FARGO direct-to-card printers, Asure ID® 7 card personalization software, the Asure ID Software Development Kit for integrating smart card encoding and photo ID production capabilities into credential management systems, and the iCLASS Programming Platform.
- HID Connect® Partner Solutions: Access control solutions that expand the use of Genuine HID Technology™ will be on display by HID Connect partners Essex Electronics, ASSA ABLOY, Jetmobile, Innometriks and PlascoTrac and Networked Access Partners PCSC, Averics, Middleware Associates and AMT.
- HID Identity on Demand™ (IoD) Services: Credential management services that provide the resources to handle large-volume orders through a secure web portal that manages all aspects of card personalization projects.
HID Global Strategy Briefing and Panel Discussion: NFC-Enabled Mobile Access
HID Global president and CEO Denis Hébert will discuss the company’s NFC mobile access control trial recently conducted at Arizona State University (ASU) at HID’s ASIS strategy briefing and complimentary lunch. The ASU mobile access panel discussion will include key executives from ASU, ASSA ABLOY, Research in Motion (RIM), manufacturer of BlackBerry, and a major wireless carrier. The briefing is on Monday, September 19 from 12:00 p.m. to 1:00 p.m. Register now to attend.
About HID Global
HID Global is the trusted source for secure identity solutions for millions of customers around the world. Recognized for robust quality, innovative designs and industry leadership, HID Global is the supplier of choice for OEMs, system integrators, and application developers serving a variety of markets. These markets include physical and logical access control, including strong authentication and credential management; card printing and personalization; highly secure government ID; and identification technologies used in animal ID and industry and logistics applications. The company's primary brands include HID®, ActivIdentity®, FARGO®, and LaserCard®. Headquartered in Irvine, California, HID Global has over 2,100 employees worldwide and operates international offices that support more than 100 countries. HID Global is an ASSA ABLOY Group brand. For more information, visit www.hidglobal.com.
Director, Global Public Relations